Suitable duties, sometimes known as light duties, are work duties which accommodate an injured worker's current functional limitations and work restrictions. As a worker's injury heals, workers will advance through suitable duties progressing towards reaching their pre-injury capacity and return to pre-injury duties. A graduated return to work plan (GRTWP) outlines suitable duties during the recovery process, and forms an excellent guide for injured workers and their supervisors to follow for a safe return to pre-injury duties.
Articles in this section
- What is a case manager?
- What is a return to work service provider?
- What is a treating service provider?
- What are work restrictions?
- What are suitable duties?
- What is a graduated return to work plan (GRTWP)?
- Should I go back to work when I am injured?
- How do I meet my legal responsibility for return to work coordination?
- Can I appoint an external return to work coordinator (RTWC) for my workplace?